Looking For Something?

20110403

Face Regimen



For the past couple months (since mid-January maybe), I've been using black soap to clean my face, and moisturizing it with shea butter.  I try to wash twice a day, but due to my laziness that hasn't been so successful.

I remember back in December I looked at my face, and was disgusted.  I had acne repeatedly on my cheeks.  Since I have a problem with picking with things, my cheeks were beginning to scar.  I'd used black soap before, and liked the way it felt so I got a hold to more.

A friend of mine suggested I use shea butter to moisturize instead of lotion.  After doing it for two months now, I'm seeing great results.  While I can still slightly see scarring, it's much clearer on my cheeks than it was in December.  I've had much less blackheads.  My face doesn't get oily like it used to with lotion.  I don't have those huge pimples that last a long time.  The few pimples I get are small like heat bumps, and disappear quickly.

I'm still getting used to this whole acne thing since it just popped up when I was 22.  However, black soap combined with shea butter is a great regimen that everyone should try.  Dudu Osun is a good brand of black soap too, and you can use either yellow or white shea butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment